FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 2, 2016
Former AG Alberto Gonzales’ New Book Discusses Trials and Hard Choices Ahead of 9/11 15th Anniversary
Washington, D.C. - Former U.S. Attorney General and Counsel to the President Alberto R. Gonzales - the only lawyer and only Hispanic to hold both these positions, gives an insider’s account of a tumultuous, and still controversial, period of American history. Born to a working-class family in Humble, Texas, Gonzales grew up with his seven siblings in a modest two-bedroom home. His loving and devout parents taught him the conservative values of hard work and accountability that motivated Gonzales to pursue the highest standard of education - Harvard Law School - and later the highest echelons of power - the White House. He was a confidant to President George W. Bush, serving alongside him through the crucible of the 9/11 attacks. He further played a vital role in shaping the administration’s immediate response to protect America and the far-reaching steps to prevent further harm.
· The immediate needs of the President as the nation looked for leadership and courage in the aftermath of 9/11, and how Gonzales’ faith helped him endure
· Working with Congress to decide whether the United States was technically at war, deciding who the enemy was, and how to defeat them
· Laying out the legal framework to go after supporters of terrorism post-9/11 and the role of the mysterious FISA court
· How this new world war on terror demanded new tactics and responses, including the enhancement of the National Security Agency (NSA).
· What really happened at Attorney General John Ashcroft’s hospital bed, and the national security implications regarding the nation’s terrorist surveillance program
· The phantom leak of CIA operative Valerie Plame and her husband’s claim of retribution by Vice President Cheney for opposing the President over Iraq
· Passionate debates in top-secret meetings with Vice President Dick Cheney, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of State Colin Powell, and National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice on the war in Iraq and international involvement
True Faith and Allegiance: A Story of Service and Sacrifice in War and Peace
By Alberto R. Gonzales, Thomas Nelson, On Sale September 6, 2016, 496 pages, 071807887X / $26.99 USD
For more information or to schedule an interview with Judge Alberto Gonzales, please contact Tyler Bryant at email@example.com or 703-490-8845.